Posted by admin
As we all know mistakes can be made here and there even when the best Deep Pixelated fine comb is used!
If you find any mistakes (or improvements) in the book or games please get in contact with us. We want you to be part of making this book great for the Unity community so your help would be greatly appreciated!
List of known errors
- Page 20 – The image on the page shows that the name of the game object is game, this should read tileGenerator.
- Page 30 – Missing a change to the instantiate line after we make a static array called tileObjects. The instantiate should look like this – Instantiate (tileObjects[i], tileLocations[i], Quaternion.identity); – where the tileObjects[i] is a reference to the static array we use to hold the tile objects.
- Page 124 – In the Forward March section you are told to create a Game Object and script called gameManager and GameManager. This is incorrect as for the rest of the chapters the object and script will be referred to as game and Game. So for the game object name it game (lowercase) and for the script name it Game (uppercase).
- Page 143 – Where you create a script called FlameScript and copy the code from the ArrowScript, please remove the two Destroy() calls and the yield. This should make the Totem behave correctly. Many thanks to Glen for highlighting the last two mistakes.
- Page 152 – line should read – var deathSmoke = Instantiate (deathParticle, this.transform.
- Page 175 – var cannonController : cannonController; – should read – var cannonController : CannonControllerScript;
Comments are closed.